Life does not stop when therapy begins. Choosing How Our Individualized Care Evolves (C.H.O.I.C.E.) combines transitional rehabilitation and therapy with the methodology, amenities and services to meet the needs of modern adults – on their terms.
We ensure that our residents:
- Decide when and what to eat
- Wake and sleep when they choose
- Nap as they wish
- Bathe and dress on their own schedules
- Recuperate in peace with the option of using our “Do Not Disturb” signs
- Avoid being woken for nighttime rounds or medicine.
- Participate in alternative therapies as they wish including guided imagery, relaxation techniques and aromatherapy (free of charge)
- Request other services such as massage, salon services, and manicures for a nominal fee
Our C.H.O.I.C.E. Program encourages all of our residents to retain control over their lives while they are recuperating at Wauconda Care. The sooner you return to normal activities, the faster you heal.