Strokes and traumatic brain injuries affect each person a little differently. The sooner you begin the rehabilitation process the better, because most improvements occur during the first three to six months, with additional progression over time.
Depending on the extent of your trauma, you may be pleasantly surprised with how much function you can achieve through personalized care and rehabilitation. At Fairmont Care, our expert Neurological and Stroke Recovery team’s key goal is to help you regain independence and improve your quality of life. Together, we’ll practice new skills, help you relearn old ones and determine practical ways to live your best post-stroke or traumatic brain injury life.
The customized rehabilitation program we create – in conjunction with your neurologist – is as individual as you are. It may involve exercises to help you strengthen your motor skills, mobility training, therapy for communication disorders, and/or other specific therapies to help you regain range of motion and lost brain and body function.
Neurological and Stroke Recovery services include:
- SAS and 3D VR equipment to help rebuild confidence, strength and coordination
- Beside swallowing evaluation by our full-time speech therapist and e-stim for swallowing improvement
- Physical therapy to promote improved skills, endurance and range of motion
- Occupational therapy for home management, leisure and work skill training
- Speech therapy for articulation and voice enhancement
- Patient and caregiver training and education to improve and build functional abilities in a supportive environment after this phase of rehabilitation is completed